2.14.2007

I Still Like Love

Eros and all that jazz.... it's a gift from God*. So, I enthusiastically and sincerely wish you a Happy Valentine's Day. I know it's a "made up" commercial holiday ripped-off from a saintsday on an ecclesiastical calendar that I don't even acknowledge. But that's not the point. I know my own dating life has been fairly lackluster for the past few years. That's not the point either.

The point is that even if romance never comes my way again, I still like love. I enjoy it when people can find some lasting companionship and intimacy. Why would I want to poo-poo that? I'm love's biggest fan, and you should be too. Love is good. If we can't find any for ourselves, that's no reason to be a hater. C'mon, join me in supporting love!

On another note, last night this blog reached 50,000 visits. The fifty-thousandth visitor is apparently from Cedar Rapids, Iowa and uses bloglines. If that was you, leave me a note.

There's lots of snow here in middle PA. It's the multi-layered kind of compacted powder and frozen sleet. The thigh-high street-plow induced drift at the end of the driveway was insane... so I managed half of it, enough to get the car out. If this stuff was a little thicker, you could chop it into blocks and build an igloo.

*The true and living God, that is, YHWH --Creator of all there is who revealed Himself in Jesus Christ. Not the Greek deity named "Eros".

No comments: